The Official 2010 NCAA Tournament Emotion Thread

Welcome to the official Seattle Sportsnet 2010 NCAA Tournament Emotion Thread, a continuous post dedicated to capturing my very real emotions on the NCAA Tournament. As the Big Dance rolls on, I will frequently update this article with live statements regarding my thoughts on the contests. Enjoy.

4:30 p.m., Thursday, March 18

To briefly summarize my day: Lots of cussing at those Irish bastards from Notre Dame, lots of cheering for Robert Morris to beat Villanova, lots of yelling for BYU to take down Florida (Loyd Junior!), some eating, some drinking, an OHMYGOD! moment when Murray State beat Vanderbilt at the buzzer (damn you, by the way, Vandy), a sigh of relief as Baylor escaped Sam Houston State, another shot to the nuts as that fat kid Omar Samhan and Saint Mary’s beat Richmond, complete indifference to Kansas State rolling over North Texas. And now we wait for the Huskies.

4:45 p.m., Thursday, March 18

Here’s to risking your Streak For The Cash on your own team. If the Dawgs win, my streak runs to four. If they lose, we’re back at square one. Two brackets and a streak now rest in the hands of Quincy Pondexter and Co.

5:10 p.m., Thursday, March 18

Add CBS last-string play-by-play man Spermo Dedes to the list of people who hallucinate and envision an “I” in the middle of Quincy Pondexter’s last name. Of course, the irony here is that I see an “M” in the middle of Dedes’ first name. So I guess we’re even.

5:56 p.m., Thursday, March 18

A three-quarter court shot that doesn’t count. At least we can say we’re hitting those.

6:14 p.m., Thursday, March 18

If Abdul Gaddy plays another minute in this game, it will be one minute too many. Get the youngster a chair.

6:20 p.m., Thursday, March 18

Any word on whether they’ve turned off the scoreboard in the Kentucky-East Tennessee State game yet?

6:27 p.m., Thursday, March 18

The bracket takes another hit as Rob Corddry’s uglier older brother and Northern Iowa take down UNLV.

6:32 p.m., Thursday, March 18

Give credit to Ohio for the biggest upset of the tourney so far with their impending win over Georgetown. But damn. The Hoyas should be banned from the Dance for at least two years for that dud.

7:00 p.m., Thursday, March 18

QUINCY!!!!!!! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD!

7:08 p.m., Thursday, March 18

YOU KNOW IT! YOU KNOW IT! HUSKIES BABY! HUSKIES! ON TO ROUND TWO!!!!!! YEAAAAAAH!!! GO DAWGS!

9:31 p.m., Thursday, March 18

Texas with the big choke. Up six in OT and you lose?! Wow. Credit to Wake Forest for the W.

9:50 p.m., Thursday, March 18

New Mexico squeaks by Montana for the right to lose to Washington. The Rebecca Lobos are going down.

11:38 a.m., Friday, March 19

Trying to atone for yesterday’s miserable performance in the bracket, I’ve started the day a perfect 3-0. The Cornell Big Red get me my biggest upset pick of the first round, making me 100% on my upset picks for the first time in history (even if I only did pick two upsets).

One thought on “The Official 2010 NCAA Tournament Emotion Thread”